Monash University Open DaysWe write to invite your students and their families to our Monash University Open Days this month.
At Monash, making change is not just what we do, it's who we are. This year, we're changing the way we deliver Open Day to you. We've flipped Open Day on its head to bring you an interactive digital experience over three days:
- Saturday 29 August, 10am – 2pm
- Sunday 30 August, 10am – 2pm
- Monday 31 August, 4–7pm
Registrations essential: monash.edu/openday
You will have the flexibility to personalise your experience to match your interests and the freedom to explore at your own pace, but now from the comfort and convenience of your own home.
JOB OPPORTUNITYMitchell Shire – Parks & Gardens.
CVGT has a fantastic career opportunity for a Parks & Gardens Apprentice. The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to expand their current skill set and get exposure to all sectors of the Parks & Gardens industry. All while working towards and completing your traineeship.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Full time opportunity
- Located throughout Mitchell Shire (Wallan)
- Gain a Certificate III qualification (Certificate lll In Parks & Gardens)
- Earn while you learn on the job
- Provide assistance and horticultural advice for works assigned to the crew;
- Assist in planning of programmed works;
- Assist in the management of parks, gardens and reserves throughout the municipality;
- Operate minor and major plant as required;
- Conduct chemical, mechanical and manual control of weeds;
- Planting, fertilising, mulching, weeding, watering, staking and laying of weed-mat;
- Rubbish removal and carry out minor construction work;
- Monitor, collect, prepare and store seed of indigenous plants;
- Assist in the organisation of labour, equipment and materials required to implement scheduled works;
- Maintain records of works carried out at site; and
- Operate a range of horticultural equipment including; knapsack sprayers, spot gun, brush cutter, self-propelled mower, chainsaw and hand tools.
- Knowledge of native vegetation
- Willingness to undertake National Police Check
Please see Ms Bontempelli if you wish to discuss the opportunity further.
Structured Work Placement and Work Experience program update
Please visit the Year 10 Work Experience and VET/VCAL/SWL/Apprenticeship Info page for an update on the new required documentation due to COVID-19.
All events were correct at the time they were added to this calendar.
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation causing the postponement and cancellation of some events you will need to check with the event organiser (see the link in the event listing) to confirm if that event is still running.