FREE program designed to assist students obtain employment!!
A 9 week course to set you on your path towards finding the job you want!
During Ready Set Work you will learn about:
- The value of having a job
- Your personal strengths and job skills
- Deciphering a job advertisement
- Cover letters and resumes – the good, the bad and the effective
- Preparing for common interview questions
- PLUS HEAPS MORE
You will leave with a folio of useful job searching resources and improved confidence
Wednesdays from October 23th to 18th December 2019
For registrations please contact us at Whittlesea Community House on 9716 3361
2020 WORK EXPERIENCE
All YEAR 9 students moving into YEAR 10 in 2020.
It is time to start planning and locking in placements for Work Experience next year!!
Students in Year 10 in 2020 are required to participate in WORK EXPERIENCE for one week as part of their ongoing career development and transition from school into the work force. This experience aims to provide them with enhanced employability skills for the future.
The time allocated for your child’s work experience will be the:
Second week of Term 2 (Monday 20th April -> Friday 24th April 2020)
As a College, we hope that the local community would support our students and if possible offer students a position in their place of employment. The College invites offers of employment and would like to thank parents and the community in advance for supporting such a valuable program.
Please be aware that this program is compulsory for all Year 10 students and they are responsible for finding their own placements.
Frequent updates about the program will begin.
Please see Ms Bontempelli in the Careers office if you require further information.
wanting an apprenticeship? Register for Apprenticeships Matter 's School Leaver Employment Drive
As part of Apprenticeships Matter’s ongoing commitment to put young adults into meaningful apprenticeships and traineeships, I am very excited to tell you that registrations are now open for Apprenticeships Matter’s School Leaver Employment Drive’s (SLED’s).
The details for the event in the North are:
Date: Monday, October 21st
Time: Sessions at 4pm and 5pm
Location: Apprenticeships Matter, Lv2, 16-20 Grimshaw St, Greensborough
The plan is to connect students to jobs and invite parents along too so that they are part of the journey. Some key points about the event are below:
- The event will have four main elements:
- presentation to parents and candidates on how the day will run, what an apprenticeship involves, workplace expectations etc.
- group interview
- registering applicants on their online Gateway jobs portal
- individual interview with one of their Recruitment Solutions Specialists
- They will attempt to match candidates to their current vacancies and will also have a reverse marketing team working on getting as many candidates into work as possible
- This event is purely for exiting high school students and will not be relevant to those looking for SBAT’s
- These are real interviews for real vacancies - They intend to place as many candidates as possible so we request only candidates that are serious about taking up an apprenticeship or traineeship.
To qualify for this drive you must:
• Have been enrolled in secondary schooling in 2019*
• Have made a serious decision to take up an apprenticeship or traineeship
• Know which industry you want to pursue
Interested school leavers will need to register and spots are limited so please try to get in quick! You can register at: